Thursday, April 28, 2011

'Cause tomorrow's just another day and I don't believe in time.

"One love might make the difference
Might take the walls and tear them down
One light might keep on shining
If we take one love and we spread it around"
-One Love, Hootie and The Blowfish 

So, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few high schoolers with the love of Hootie and The Blowfish that I have.. But there's something so peaceful about listening to songs like Let Her Cry, Time, and Only Wanna Be With You. They're not all about sex and drugs and violence, or whatever else is mentioned in much of the intolerable music we hear nowadays. I feel like Hootie and The Blowfish just wants to write songs about friendship and love and sorrow or happiness, whatever they're feeling, and they want people to think the songs are catchy and actually feel as if they can relate to what they're listening to. They're not trying to be too different or too mainstream, they care about the Hootie listeners and how the music makes them feel.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, Hootie and the Blowfish are definatley way more inspirational than most current artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of these peeps but they seem really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool. I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete