Friday, April 22, 2011

Do-do-doo-doo.

"Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right"

Summer is almost here, thank God. But I think everyone's just happy that the sun is finally starting to come out again.. Maybe not this week, but it's been here the past few and it'll be back soon enough. And for some reason, I feel like the world is just so much happier when it's not 45* and raining. For many of us it's been that "long cold lonely winter" that we all dread as we think of December approaching and it's brought nothing but chills and sitting inside all day, alone- and in my case, watching hours upon end of reruns of The OC.. But no matter who you are, you can't tell me this winter was your best. Winter brought heartache and sadness to many, but I only heard a couple stories of winters worth remembering. But as the temperatures rise and the sun peeks out from behind the clouds, "the smiles [return] to the faces" of my friends, my family, and my daily acquaintances. Welcome back sunshine and happiness, "it seems like years since [you've] been here!"(:

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song Here Comes the Sun.

    ReplyDelete